Delivering Solutions to Your Urgent Needs.
Fulfill Your Regulatory Obligations under
EPA, DOT and OSHA
We all know the regulations can be a pain, especially for small businesses. They are not easy to understand and it’s not always clear what they are requiring of you.
Nevertheless, the rules and regulations form an important benchmark for environmental protection and workplace safety. Therefore, fulfilling your obligations as a company owner or manager is one of those bitter-sweet business necessities.
Echelon Environmental was formed for exactly this reason: To help businesses deal with the burdens of EHS regulations.
Regardless of the problem, we can find a solution. Choose from the programs below to build a better compliance program at your company.
- Employee Training: Customized training for your specific EPA, DOT and OSHA regulated operations and requirements
- Continuing Education: Weekly safety tips and reminders to promote “safety mindedness”.
- Standard Operating Procedures: Production of clear and concise procedural instructions.
- Training Videos: Initial training videos for new employees specific to your operations.
- Fire Prevention: Identify the hazards and minimize the risk.
- Spill Response: Prepare employees to handle chemical spills.
- Contingency Plans: Be ready for the day when everything goes wrong.
- Emergency Action: Make sure your employees can evacuate safely if needed.
A “White Hat” audit of your facility including –
- Program Review: Thorough examination of your facility’s existing EHS programs.
- Review of Operations: An in-plant assessment of all current operations for potential hazards.
- Report: A detailed report of the workplace hazards and the relevant regulations.
- Recommendations: A list of needed improvements prioritized by potential risk and seriousness.
- Written Compliance Programs: Putting the required written plans in place for EPA, DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Safety Procedures: Development of guidance documents for employees and managers.
- Waste Management and Minimization: Formalized plans for waste handling and waste reduction.
- Safety Policy: A document explaining everyone’s role in workplace safety.
When a piecemeal approach will not resolve long entrenched issues, a complete EHS Rebuild can provide the solution.
- Opportunities: The best ways to respond to the regulations are identified.
- Hazard Evaluation: Each workplace operation assessed for hazards to workers and the facility.
- Risk Identification: The identified hazards are compiled and ranked by risk.
- Remedial Action Plan: A report showing results of the workplace survey and the path forward.
- Implementation: Putting the plan into action, including program development, employee training, and all other actions needed to produce a fully-compliant EHS system.
If your responsibilities don’t allow the time to manage the intricacies of the EHS obligations for your company, then outsourcing the entire program can be the best approach.
- Embedded Expert: An expert in EHS regulations, dedicated to the safety of your employees and facility becomes your right-hand man.
- Scaled Response: The degree of on-site service is based on your actual need, from a couple hours per week to full-time.
- EPA Programs: Every aspect of environmental regulation including hazardous and non-hazardous waste, chemical management (EPCRA), wastewater treatment (NPDES), and air emissions (CAA).
- OSHA Programs: All safety requirements covered, including hazard communications, respiratory protection, forklifts, protective equipment, confined space, and process safety management.
- DOT Programs: Complete programs for driver safety, hazardous material classification and shipping, HazMat employee training, HazMat security plans, and FMSCA for land, sea or air transportation.